We live in a time the Bible classifies as perilous times (2 Timothy 3:1). Terrorism is one factor that makes these days dangerous to live in. This hate religion is a fear based business. Believers in Jesus don’t have to be subject to a spirit of fear. You can overcome it. You can live in peace all your days. While your at it, you can turn the tables. You can terrorize the terrorist.
Listen to the Audio
Click to Listen | Right Click to Download | Subscribe in iTunes
Satan, the Original Terrorist, Knows You Have the Victory
- Here is the truth: Satan, the original terrorist, knows that you have the victory and he is afraid of you.
- Moreover, he does not want you to know it.
- We are going to turn the tables today and talk about terrorizing him. Let us look at terrorizing the terrorist.
- What does the Bible say about our enemy?
An Expose on Satan and his Cohorts
Just Who Is Satan?
Isaiah 14:12–17 (KJV)
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. 16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; 17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; That opened not the house of his prisoners?
Ezekiel 28:11–19 (KJV)
11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. 19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
- These 2 passages give us a tremendous amount of information on Satan. They tell us…
Satan was created full of wisdom and beauty
Ezekiel 28:12 (KJV)
12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
- The phrase ‘signet of perfection’ means “to fill up a pattern” or “to fill up a blueprint.” The KJV has it as ‘seal up the sum’.
- This phrase ‘signet of perfection’ means that anything God created before He created Lucifer only partial filled the pattern or the standard for beauty and wisdom.
- When God created the other angels, when He created the living beings that surround the throne that you see in Revelation, He only partial filled the standard of beauty and wisdom.
- However, when He created Lucifer, He ‘hung the moon’ so to speak; “He filled up the pattern.”
- Satan completely ‘filled the pattern or blueprint’ for beauty and wisdom.
- He was the most beautiful and the wisest of any being that God created to that point.
- All of the pictures artists have portrayed about ‘an ugly Satan’ are incorrect.
- The depiction occurs because we associate depravity and the stench of sin with ‘ugliness’.
- You would be completely astonished if you actually saw this being.
- One day he was lifted up in pride because He became consumed with his attributes.
Satan was anointed
Ezekiel 28:14 (KJV)
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
DEFINITION: the Hebrew word for anointed means ‘outstretched wings’ or ‘expansion’ – a state of having special authority
- The phrase ‘holy mountain of God’ references the throne of God.
- Satan had special authority around the Throne.
- He was the guardian of it.
- He was anointed to do it.
- However, because of his sin, he lost his anointing; because of his iniquity, he lost his ‘special-ness’.
- He was cast out of heaven.
- Jesus said so in these words:
Luke 10:18 (KJV)
18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
- Now, there is a dilemma in heaven. There is a vacancy. There is no longer a special anointed one around the throne. Satan has been cast out. So what did God do?
- He replaced him.
- He invited you there.
- He raised you up and made you sit in heavenly places in Christ.
- He anointed you instead.
Ephesians 2:6 (KJV)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
2 Corinthians 1:21 (KJV)
21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
Satan Was Self-Willed.
Isaiah 14:12–14 (KJV)
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
- The five I wills of Satan are about deification. They are about Satan’s desire to become God. He was not satisfied with the will of God for him. He had an anointing to be the guardian of the Throne. But, he wasn’t satisfied with that. Instead, he wanted more. He wanted the Throne itself.
- I will ascend into heaven
- Satan desired to have his abode in God’s place
- Because of his rebellion, he was demoted and his authority was stripped from him in the earth and given to Adam (Gen. 1:26) instead.
- The irony is striking. What Satan desired for himself was instead purchased for man through Jesus Christ.
- When we had no hope, when we were without God in the world, Jesus ascended to heaven and raised us up to sit with Him there.
- We have ascended to the throne instead of Satan.
Ephesians 2:4–6 (KJV)
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
- I will exalt my throne above the stars of God
- Satan wanted to rule over all the angels.
- Again, this privilege was given to man.
1 Corinthians 6:3 (KJV)
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
- I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north
- Psalm 48:1-3 gives us a clue as to what the ‘sides of the north’ are.
Psalm 48:1–3 (KJV)
1 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised In the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness. 2 Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, On the sides of the north, the city of the great King. 3 God is known in her palaces for a refuge.
- Psalm 48 describes the future rule of the Messiah in the earth. Satan desired to be that conquering Messanic ruler in the earth.
- That position did not belong to Satan; it belonged to Jesus who then made man joint heirs to rule and reign with Him.
Revelation 5:10 (KJV)
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
- I will ascend above the heights of the cloud
- Satan desired the glory due only to God. God gave it instead to Jesus and Jesus turned around and gave it to us.
- Jesus is praying here in John 17…
John 17:22 (KJV)
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
- I will make myself like the Most High
- Satan last ‘I will’ deals with identity. He was a created angelic being but he wanted more. He wanted to be like the most High.
- God instead gave this to man.
Genesis 1:26 (KJV)
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
- Are you seeing the pattern yet? Everything that Satan desired to acquire through self-will was instead given to man through Jesus Christ.
- This is the reason the enemy hates you so and does everything he can to attack, to mar, to disfigure you. Everything that Satan wanted, was given to man.
How Do You Terrorize the Terrorist?
Walk in Your Anointing
- Walk in the anointing that God gave you. Walk in the anointing that Satan lost and God gave instead to you.
- Do not trade your anointing in. Guard it; maintain it. It is precious. If the Lord uses you in any special way, guard it, treasure it, and nurture it. How easy it is for us, though, to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of good things in life. Then, you wake up one morning and you find that you are dry spiritually. You walk around throughout the day feeling empty. Do not trade your anointing in for the busyness of life!
- Some churches are full of spiritually obese Christians that sit there and soak it all in and do not do a thing with it.
- I am challenging you today to rise up and walk in your special-ness.
- I am challenging you today to hang out around the Throne of God.
- I am challenging you today to walk in your authority.
- I am challenging you today to guard your anointing.
- When you do those things, you terrorize the terrorist!
Walk Continually in Humility and Meekness
- The very thing Satan did not exhibit, you exhibit instead.
- Don’t try to lift yourself up like Satan did.
- Consider other people better than yourself.
- Talk about Jesus and lift Him up instead of lifting up yourself.
- When you walk in humility, you remind the enemy of how he should have walked and you terrorize the terrorist.
Call to Action:
Walk in God’s will for your life instead of your own will. Follow God’s plan fully for your will. The will of God for your life should be the most important thing to you on planet earth. Show Satan how it is done! Learn everything you can about what God did for you in Christ and walk in it! Walking in the fullness of your redemption rights, sticks it to the enemy and reminds him of his defeat at Calvary.
You can find more information on the subject of Authority see the following posts by clicking on the links.
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe.
Subscribe in iTunes – click this link
Subscribe in Stitcher Radio – click this link
If you have a suggestion for a Bible topic you would like to see taught, or if you have a question, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, if you enjoyed the message, please rate it on iTunes and leave a review.
QUESTION: What victory have you enjoyed over Satan? How were you able to master him through the Word of God? Please leave your comments in the comments section below.
 Fruchtenbaum, A. G. (1983). Vol. 77: The Messianic Bible Study Collection (7). Tustin, Calif.: Ariel Ministries.